Generic Political Affiliation

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

A Sacrificial Lamb for the Government

Tony Hayward has been the topic of much controversy over the past few weeks. While most news stations and media outlooks have portrayed him as an ineffective insensitive CEO of BP, Fox News put a different outtake on the situation. Rather than an ineffective uncaring official, this news station suggests that Tony Hayward, due to his own insensitivity became a “sacrificial lamb” to a “politically charged world”. This possibility really appealed to me because I believe that Tony Hayward’s replacement was a result of his lack of public appeal rather than his lack of ability. While I admit that his behavior following the disaster was less than acceptable, I don’t think that a few insensitive comments by an overstressed man should result in the loss of his career. While I may not agree with the decision to replace Tony Hayward for his lack of… eloquence, I don’t think anyone is going to have to worry about him since he should be well off for the rest of his life. I have to wonder if our rights and freedoms are being threatened by an ever expanding government. While my opinions might be a tad biased towards the right wing conservatives, it is my opinion that the US government was able to pressure BP into replacing one of its top executive officials. In my opinion if the government has that much influence over a PRIVATE corporation then the government has expanded larger and plays a much greater roll in our daily lives than the framers of the constitution intended. If we continue to allow our government to expand past its purpose we might soon find ourselves in a nation where our government is in complete control of our lives and in complete command of our economy.

Fox News Article - BP

No comments:

Post a Comment